Below are HES/HES - Inbound Filtering's six (6) sensitivity levels and their corresponding values:
- Lowest: 10.0
- Low: 8.0
- Moderately Low: 7.0
- Moderately High: 5.0
- High: 4.5
- Highest: 4.0
This means that TMASE computes what score to place on an email depending on the spam sensitivity on HES/HES - Inbound Filtering, then tags an email as spam if it meets or exceeds the value of the sensitivity set.
Take note that increasing or decreasing the sensitivity level of the Spam rules doe not affect how TMASE will score the scanned mails. However, it can help on better spam detection as you increase it because emails with lower scores will now trigger the spam rules.
To configure the spam sensitivity, follow the steps below:
- Login to Hosted Email Security (HES) console.
- Go to Inbound Protection > Policy.
- Look for the Spam or Phish policy.
- Go to Scanning Criteria, and select Message detected as.
- Under the Spam section, then select one of the following levels:
- Lowest (most conservative)
- Moderately low (the default setting)
- Moderately high
- Highest (most aggressive)
- Click Submit to Save your settings.