Smart Scan service appears disconnected on the Client/Server Security Agent. When you try to start it, you get this error message:
Windows could not start the Trend Micro Smart Scan Service on Local Computer.
The system cannot find the path specified.
The issue occurs because the path to the executable file of the Smart Scan Service is pointing to a wrong directory.
To resolve the issue:
- Open the Registry Editor. Always create a backup before modifying the registry. Incorrect registry changes may cause serious issues. Should this occur, restore it by referring to the "Restoring the Registry" Help topic in Regedit.exe or the "Restoring a Registry Key" Help topic in Regedt32.exe.
- Go to the HKEY_Local_Machine\System\CurrentControlSet001\Services\TMiCRCScanService registry.
- On the right pane, look for the "Image Path" key and change it to the directory where the Security Server is installed. By default, the Security Server is located in C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Security Server\PCCSRV\wss\iCRCService.exe.
- Close the Registry Editor.
- Start the Smart Scan service.