When you try to register the TMEEG, the following error message may appear:
An unknown error occurred during registration, please try again later or contact Trend Micro Encryption support.
Below are the possible causes of the error message:
- Email Encryption Gateway Identity
The error occurs when the gateway identity is shared with other encyrption gateways. For example, if you registered a separate EEG with the same identity, you need to use a different one here. You should change the name and register again.
- System Date and Time
The date and time are not correct. Make sure that the system date and time are properly set. During the registration process, a session key is created based on the month.
If neither of the two scenarios apply to you, do the following:
- Connect to TMEEG via SSH and start a packet capture using the command below:
tcpdump -s0 -nn port 53 or port 80 or port 443 -w /tmp/tmeeg_registration_failure.pcap
- Change the identity again and reproduce the error.
- Take a screenshot of the registration page.
- Using pscp.exe from your workstation, get the files from TMEEG:
- Replace 192.168.0.1 with the TMEEG IP.
- Compress all the above files and submit to Trend Micro Technical Support.