Use this procedure to replace your scan engine without using the web or management console.
To update the Scan Engine:
- Download the latest scan engine (VSAPI-LINUX-LIB.SO-X.XXX-XXXX.tar.Z) to a temporary directory on the server.
- Stop the HTTP and FTP services using the following scripts:
- Create a back up of the scan engine located in the /etc/iscan/lib directory.
- Extract the libvsapi.so file from the tar.Z file and use it to replace the existing scan engine.
- Start the HTTP and FTP services.
To roll back the Scan Engine:
- Stop the HTTP and FTP services using these scripts:
- Replace the new libvsapi.so file with the old one. the file is located in /etc/iscan/lib.
- Restart the HTTP and FTP services.