This article details the steps in initiating a scan engine update using the OfficeScan web console.
To perform a manual update using the OfficeScan web console:
- Log on to the OfficeScan management console
- Go to Updates > Server > Manual Update. The Manual Update screen appears and displays a list of the update components, including the version number and the last time they were updated.
- Under Components to Update, expand the Antivirus section, select the following scan engines:
- Virus Scan Engine (32-bit)
- Virus Scan Engine (64-bit)
- Click the Update button to start the update
The OfficeScan server will contact the Trend Micro ActiveUpdate server or the other update sources and will check if the Scan Enginee needs to be updated. Once verified, OfficeScan will start downloading.
The latest Scan Engine can also be downloaded from the Trend Micro Download Center. If you have a testing requirement, refer to the following KB article for manual update instructions: Performing a manual update or rollback of the scan engine in OfficeScan (OSCE).