If you are having problems with the current scan engine, you can perform a manual update or rollback for SPLX.
- Download the latest pattern and scan engine files for SPLX from the Trend Micro Update Center.
- Open a “Command Terminal” and then decompress the pattern file.
e.g. unzip lptXXX.zipImportant: Unix/Linux commands are case-sensitive.
- Extract or decompress the scan engine file.
e.g. tar -zxvf FILENAME.tar.Z
- Stop the SPLX service using this command:
/etc/init.d/splx stopYou may also use this command: “service splx stop” (Red Hat)
- Create a back up of the existing scan engine file (libvsapi.so) either by renaming or copying it into another directory.
- Copy the downloaded pattern and scan engine files to the ServerProtect program directory using these commands:
cp lpt'$'vpn.xxx /opt/TrendMicro/SProtectLinuxcp libvsapi.so /opt/TrendMicro/SProtectLinux
- Restart the SPLX service using this command:
/etc/init.d/splx startYou may also use this command: “service splx start” (Red Hat)
- Log on to the SPLX management console and then verify that the scan engine and pattern file have been updated correctly
- Access the following URL through IE (for Windows) or Netscape (for Windows and Linux):
http://[Linux_Servername-or-_IP-Address]:14942 or httpw://[Linux_Servername-or-_IP-Address]:14943Note: There are instances when either the latest scan engine or pattern files are not immediately reflected on the management console. When this happens, try clearing the web browser cache and/or refresh the web console. You may also restart the SPLX service on the Linux server.