Import approved senders (whitelist) and blocked senders (blacklist) for the Content Scanning of the Messaging Security Agent (MSA).
You can set up approved lists and blocked senders lists for the MSA. The MSA will not filter a message as spam if the source address is on the approved senders list. The agent, however, will still filter for phishing incidents.
The blocked senders list identifies source email addresses from which messages should be treated as spam, regardless of content. The MSA takes action against messages from a blocked sender as though the messages are spam. The action taken is determined by the action setting in the spam policy (which is set by the administrator).
To import the list:
- Using Notepad or any text editor, create a list of email addresses and/or domains that you want to whitelist or blacklist, and save it as a text file.
- On the WFBS console, click the Security Settings tab.
- Highlight the Exchange server icon under "My Company", then click Configure.
- Expand Anti-Spam, then click Content Scanning.
- Expand Approved Senders or Blocked Senders, then click Import.
- Browse the file that you created in Step 1, then click Save.