Installing OfficeScan client to Windows machines were successful except on computers running on 64-bit Operating System. All OfficeScan client installation methods failed. There were instances that the the installation will finish but the "1/4E" error appears.
All the OfficeScan client services appear in the services console but they are stopped. When you try to restart them, the following error message appears:
"Windows could not start the OfficeScanNT RealTime Scan service on Local Computer. Error 193: 0xc1"
This issue occurs when there are corrupted files in the OfficeScan client directory inside the OfficeScan server. There are two options to resolve this issue:
- Option I: Install the latest Service Pack and Patches to the OfficeScan server so that the client install files are replaced with new ones.
- Option II: Obtain a copy of the client install files from a working OfficeScan server. Follow the procedure:
- Make sure that the source server and your server are on the same build and version.
- Log on to the problematic server.
- Go to the ..\PCCSRV\PCCNT\Win64 directory and then create a back up of all the files.
- Copy the files in the ..\PCCSRV\PCCNT\Win64 directory from the other OfficeScan server.
- Paste the files to the Win64 folder of the problematic server to replace all the files.
- Restart the OfficeScan Master service.
- Deploy the OfficeScan client component to the client machines.