When there is a bandwidth issue between the Security Server and a remote Exchange Server, installation of the MSA using the Security Server console may fail. When this occurs, you can opt to install the MSA locally into the Exchange Server using the WFBS installer.
Instead of using the Security Server web console to install the MSA on a Remote Exchange Server, you can use the WFBS Advanced installation package.
- Download and then extract the WFBS Advanced installer on the Exchange Server.
- Open a command prompt window, then change the directory to the CSM folder of the extracted file. Example: C:\WFBS60_SP3\CSM
- Run the following command:
- Click Next.
- Read and accept the terms of the license agreement.
- Enter the Activation Code.
You can get this from the WFBS console on the Preferences > Product License page.
- Enter the credentials with domain and exchange administrator privileges.
- Click Next.
- Select the settings you prefer:
IIS server - This will create its own virtual website on IIS
Apache web server
End User Quarantine - Trend Micro Anti-spam filter
Outlook Junk E-mail folder - Junk Email Integrated
- For the target directory, you may opt to change the path as well as the shared directory drive.
- Click Next to start copying files.
- Click Finish when the installation is complete.
- After finishing the installation, register the Messaging Security Agent on the main server.
- On the Exchange Server, open the Registry Editor (regedit.exe).
Always create a backup before modifying the registry. Incorrect registry changes may cause serious issues. Should this occur, restore it by referring to the "Restoring the Registry" Help topic in Regedit.exe or the "Restoring a Registry Key" Help topic in Regedt32.exe.
- Go to HKLM\Software\Trend Micro\ScanMail for Exchange\CSM Server and configure the following registry keys:
HttpPort = Master_DomainPort
HttpsPort = Master_SSL
IPList= Security Server's IP
IsRegistered = 1
UpdateDir = SMB\download
VirtualDir = SMB\cgi"Hostname", "HttpPort" and "HttpsPort" can be obtained from the ..\Program Files\Trend Micro\Security Server\PCCSRVofcscan.ini file on the main server.
- Restart the Trend Micro Messaging Security Agent Services on the Exchange Server.