Collect information needed by Trend Micro Technical Support using CDT.
Download the CDT available in the Trend Micro Download Center.
Starting from October 2019, there is a second version of Case Diagnostic Tool (CDT) 2019 (Apex One Exclusive) available for log collection purposes. If you are using OfficeScan version 11.0, XG, Apex One or Apex One Central, CDT 2019 (Apex One Exclusive) is recommended as it is lite weight and faster than the traditional CDT.
CDT 2019 (Apex One Exclusive) also allows log collection without restarting product related services and processes.
The following will be collected when running CDT:
- Registry information related to the OfficeScan/Apex One client and server
- Running services
- Task list
- List of registered programs installed
- System info
- OfficeScan/Apex One client and server configuration files
- Client and server log files
- Install log
- Patch log
- Web Server logs (Server)
- Operating system Application and System Event logs
To use the Case Diagnostic Tool:
- Download the CDT zip file.
Make sure to select the latest version available for your operating system.
- Extract all the content of the zip file into a local directory on your computer.
- Run the CDT.
- Start the application.
- Select the products installed.
- Debug Windows. If you are able to reproduce the issue:
If you are not able to reproduce the issue, or debug is not required, then you can click Skip and go to Step 7.
- Click Start Debug Mode.
If you are using CDT 2019 (Apex One Exclusive), you may choose not to restart services when collecting logs from an agent.
- Wait for the debug mode to change to “ON”.
If you choose not to restart services when collecting logs, you will see the following:
Debug mode is currently on.
- At this point you are ready to reproduce the issue. Collect a screenshot of any message you might see on the screen.
- Click Start Debug Mode.
- Once the issue has been reproduced, click Stop Debug Mode and it will be turned off.
For CDT 2019 (Apex One Exclusive), if you choose not to restart services when collecting logs, click on Stop Debug Mode Without Restarting Services.
After encountering an unexpected CDT exit, start CDT again and make sure the debug mode is off after clicking Stop Debug Mode.
If CDT keeps exiting unexpectedly, seek further assistance from Trend Micro Technical Support.
- Collect the logs.
- Name a folder where the logs will be saved.
- Select "Today's logs".
- Write any comment you want to add, or a detailed description of the issue (if not already provided). If you have nothing to add, just write “nothing to add”.
You need to write something here. Otherwise, you will get this error message:
- Generate the logs.
- Click Open Folder to open the folder where the CDT report was saved.
- Click Finish to close the CDT.
Provide CDT logs to Trend Micro Technical Support for further analysis.If the generated CDT package could not be unpacked using Winzip or the Windows file compressor, try unpacking it with 7zip.
The following are known issues when using CDT:
If CDT crashes or is stopped due to a system restart, some of the OfficeScan modules may still be operating in debug mode. In this case, start CDT again and make sure the debug mode is off after clicking Stop Debug Mode.
If CDT keeps exiting unexpectedly, manually turn off the debug mode by changing the config files. Refer to this KB article: Disabling Case Diagnostic Tool (CDT) when it hangs during agent debug mode in OfficeScan (OSCE) for the steps.
- Sometimes, CDT generated log packages could not be unpacked using Winzip or the Windows file compressor. If this happens, try unpacking them with 7zip.