This article tells you how to deploy the WFBS-SVC Agent using the example deployment script. This is a more efficient option when installing a large number of Agents.
To install the Agents using deployment script:
- Authenticated Users" or "Domain Computers" have read permissions on the shared directory. To test the shared folder, use the path (Example: \\MYFILESERVER\share\ WFBS-SVC_Agent_Installer.msi) on a client computer to make sure that it is accessible.
- Log on to the WFBS-SVC console.
- Go to Administration > Tools.
- Place the Example Deployment Script on the folder where you put the WFBS-SVC Agent installer.
- Open the example script (WFBS-SVC Example Deployment Script.vbs) using a text editor such as Notepad.
- Modify the first line pathOfWFBSHInstaller="msiexec /qn /i WFBS-SVC_Agent_Installer.msi" to the path of your environment:
"pathOfWFBSHInstaller="msiexec /qn /i\\<path of WFBS-SVC installer>\WFBS-SVC_Agent_Installer.msi"
Example: "pathOfWFBSHInstaller="msiexec /qn /i file://MYFILESERVER/share/WFBS-SVC_Agent_Installer.msi"
- Save the file.
- Click Start > Run and type "mmc" on the Open field to open the Group Policy Management console.
- Click File > Add/Remove Snap-in.
- Search for Group Policy Object Editor under Available snap-ins section, and then click Add.
- Click OK.
- On the left panel, go to Computer Configuration > Windows Setting > Scripts(Startup/Shutdown) > Startup.
- Copy the script to the default location. This will ensure that the scripts have proper privilege.
Example: \\MYFILESERVER\share\WFBS-SVC Example Deployment Script.vbs.
- Use the Group Policy Update Utility to reapply all policy settings.
- Open a command prompt window, and then press Enter.
- Type the following command and then press Enter.
The user logon script is not used because the user may not have the necessary permission to install software.
To learn more on how to set up a Windows startup script in a Windows domain controller, check this Microsoft article: Create System Startup / Shutdown and User Logon / Logoff Scripts