You may want to change the CSA/SA default installation path when doing any of the following:
- Installing the CSA/SA on a specific drive or partition.
- Installing the CSA on a different drive or partition
- Installing the CSA in a specific folder.
- Installing the CSA in a different folder.
- Changing the location of the CSA.
To modify the default client installation path of the CSA/SA:
For WFBS 7.0
- From the Security Server, open the ..\Program Files\Trend Micro\Security Server\PCCSRV\ofcscan.ini file using a text editor like Notepad.
The path is ..\Program Files\Trend Micro\Officescan\PCCSRV if the current product version was a gradual upgrade from Client Server Suite/Client Server Messaging Suite versions 2.0 or 3.0.
- Under the "[INI_CLIENT_DEFAULT_INSTALLPATH_SECTION]" section, look for the parameter below and specify the new installation path:
"WinNT_ installPath=$ProgramFiles\Trend Micro\Client Server Security Agent"
For example: WinNT_ installPath=E:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Client Server Security AgentFuture installations and program deployments will be deployed to the specified path unless you change it.
- Look for the "Loglevel warn" parameter and change it to "Loglevel emerg".
This will set Apache to collect critical error logs only and not generic or warning logs.
- Save and close the ofcscan.ini file.
If this fails, contact Trend Micro Technical Support and provide the following:
- Copy of the ofcscan.ini from the \PCCSRV folder in the WFBS server
- Copy of the ofcscan.ini from the target client computer
- On the Security Server, open the ..\PCCSRV\Admin\Utility\ClientPackager and double-click the ClnPack.exe file to open the Client Packager console.
- Generate an installer package for the SA. Make sure to choose MSI packager type.
- Move the file to the computer where you need to install the SA.
- Open a command prompt.
- Change the directory to the location where you saved the installer you copied in Step 2.
- Run these commands:
msiexec.exe /i <filename.msi> ClientInstallDir="<destination_dir>\Security Agent" AmspInstallDir=<destination_dir>".
<filename.msi> = The exact filename that you gave to the installer. It is important that extension will be .msi.
<destination_dir> = Volume and folder where you want the client to be installed, for example D:\program files\TrendMicro.
To change default installation path:
- Go to the Security Server console > Preferences > Global Settings > System tab.
- On the Security Agent Installation Directory field, place the new installation path.