This solution shows how you can send samples to Trend Micro of legitimate email that is detected as spam (false positives) or undetected spam (false negatives).
For legitimate mail detected as spam, you can send the samples to: email@example.com.
For undetected spam, please follow these guidelines:
- The spam sample should be an MSG or EML file.
- The spam sample should be the original mail and not forwarded.
To obtain the original spam mail, follow the steps below:
- Create a new folder on your Desktop.
- Drag all the undetected spam samples to the new folder from your inbox.
- Zip the undetected spam samples and password-protect the file with “novirus”, without the quotation marks.
- Create a new email and attach the ZIP file.
- Send the message to firstname.lastname@example.org