HES/HES - Inbound Filtering users do not receive mails with compressed attachments that are sent to them. The Mail Tracking logs in HES show that the mail was “Bounced”.
HES / HES - Inbound Filtering has the following global limits:
- Total message size exceeds 50 MB
- Total # recipients exceeds 1000 recipients
- Total # embedded layers in compressed file exceeds 20
- Total decompressed size exceeds 60MB
Note: The 60 MB capacity took effect on November 25, 2011.
- Total # files in compressed file: 353 files
- Compress ratio limit exceeds: 99%
- RTF Scan Layer exceeds: 5
- OLE Scan Layer exceeds: 5
Mail attachments that violate the above limits are automatically rejected/bounced by HES. To resolve the issue, do any of the following:
Option 1: Ask senders to password-protect compressed attachments. By doing this, scanning of these files are bypassed.
Option 2: HES full version users can modify the action.
|The number of files in a compressed file exceeds 353.||Delete , Notify|
|The decompression ratio of a compressed file exceeds 100.||Delete , Notify|
|The number of decompression layers in a compressed file exceeds 20.||Delete , Notify|
|The size of a single decompressed file exceeds 60 MB.||Delete , Notify|
|An Office 2007/2010/2013/2016 file contains more than 353 subfiles.||Delete , Notify|
|An Office 2007/2010/2013/2016 file contains a subfile whose decompression ratio exceeds 100.||Delete , Notify|
|Virtual Analyzer scan exception.||Delete , Notify|
|Malformed messages.||Delete , Notify|
- Log on to the HES portal.
- Click Inbound Protection then Scan Exceptions.
- Click Action and select either Reject or Bypass the message (Make sure to remove the notify action when setting it to Bypass to prevent HES from sending a notification).