You can move the WFBS console to another partition on the same server, and still retain the database client settings and the client-server communication.
To move the WFBS console to another partition on the same server:
- Open the ..\Program Files\Trend Micro\Security Server\PCCSRV\ofcscan.ini file using a text editor like Notepad, and note the values of the following entries:
- From the Security Server, stop the Trend Micro Security Server Master Service using the Services console:
- Click Start > Run.
- On the Open field, type “services.msc”.
- Right-click Trend Micro Security Server Master Service and select Stop.
Go to ..\Trend Micro\Security Server\PCCSRV and make a back up copy of the HTTPDB folder.If you are using WFBS Advanced, the Messaging Security Agent (MSA) will remain intact after Security Server uninstallation. You can just register the MSA to the new Security Server by reinstalling it from the console. The installation process will detect that it has an existing Messaging Security Agent (MSA)and will just add the MSA icon under Security Settings section of the product page.
- Uninstall the WFBS console:
- Go to Start > All Programs > Control Panel.
- Go to the Trend Micro Security Server, click Remove.
If the uninstallation of this component fails or you want to be sure that the uninstallation is successful, check this article: Manually uninstalling the Security Server of Worry-Free Business Security (WFBS).
- Reinstall WFBS. If you need the full installation procedure, refer to these articles: Installing WFBS 8.0 and Installing WFBS 9.0
Make sure to choose Custom Installation when asked for the type of installation, and to enter the values you noted in Step 1.
- Restore the previously backed up database:
- From the Security Server, stop the Trend Micro Security Server Master Service using the Services console
- Go to the ..\Trend Micro\Security Server\PCCSRV and look for the HTTPDB folder.
- Replace the existing folder with the HTTPDB folder you backed up in Step 3.
- Return to the Services console and restart the Trend Micro Security Server Master Service.
- From any Client/Server Security Agent, open the Services console and restart the Trend Micro Client/Server Security Agent Listener service.
- Log on to the WFBS console.
- Click Security Settings and refresh it after 30 seconds.