The following error may appear when opening the product console:
HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable
Smart Scan Unavailable
Error 503 is a non-customizable error, which means that the server is currently unable to process the request.
There are instances when the Application Pool unexpectedly stops and does not restart automatically. As a result, you will get the "503: Service Unavailable error".
To resolve the issue, do either of the following:
- Click Start > Run.
- Enter "cmd" and click OK.
- From the command prompt, enter the following command to start the application pool:
%windir%\system32\inetsrv\appcmd start apppool OsceAppPool
- Open the Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
- Go to Application Pool.
- Start OsceAppPool.
- Click Advanced Settings.
- Make sure that Start Automatically is set to True.
If the procedures fail, send the following to Trend Micro Technical Support:
- CDT log generated on the server
- Copy of the IIS log
- Copy of %windir%\system32\LogFiles\HTTPERR\httperrx.log
- If you are using IIS 7: ..\Inetpub\wwwroot\logfiles\W3SVCnumber\exyymmdd.log
- "number" = the site ID for the OfficeScan website
- "yymmdd" = the date the log file is created or modified.