This article provides information on the following:
- The reason you need to redirect your MX records to HES
- How to redirect MX records
- HES MX records you will use
Registered HES users should redirect their MX records to HES to ensure that mails are intercepted and scanned by the service. The MX record determines the message routing for all emails sent to your domain. To route messages destined for your domain through the HES servers, you need to redirect your MX record, which is part of your DNS record.
The actual redirection of the MX record involves changing the IP address for all inbound SMTP traffic. This is typically accomplished manually (for self-managed smaller accounts), or through a support technician. If you are unsure how to configure the MX records for your domain, contact your Internet Service Provider's (ISP) helpdesk or your Domain Name Service (DNS) technician for assistance.
Below are the MX records for HES:
For HES 1.x version:
- EMEA: in.mx.trendmicro.eu
- Non-EMEA: in.sjc.mx.trendmicro.com
For HES 2.0/3.0 version:
- EMEA: in.hes.trendmicro.eu
- Non-EMEA: in.hes.trendmicro.com