Use this procedure to move the \SMEX folder and database to a different shared drive in Veritas Cluster without uninstalling and reinstalling SMEX.
- Load the Veritas Cluster Explorer and then bring the three SMEX Services under Generic Service offline.
- Open a command prompt and then go to the \smex directory.
- Type "toolVeritasDBManager.exe /?" and then press Enter to see the list of arguments.
- Request the tool with the correct arguments.
A successful message looks like below:toolVeritasDBManager.exe executed successfully! Elapsed time: xx seconds.
- Load the Veritas Cluster Explorer and then browse to RegRep > EVS_GRP-ScanMail_RegRep.
- Select EVS_GRP-ScanMail_RegRep > Properties.
- Under Type Specific Attributes, go to MountResName > Edit.
- Change the value of MountResName to the correct one.
- Click File > Save Configurations.
- Verify the new shared drive to make sure that the \SMEX folder and contents are created.
- In the Veritas Cluster Explorer, select EVS Group > Resource.
- Look for EVS_GRP-ScanMail_RegRep and select the dependency link, right click it and click Unlink.
- Select EVS_GRP-ScanMail_RegRep again, right click > Link and then select the new and correct shared drive.
- Bring the three SMEX Services under Generic Service online.
- Log on to the SMEX console and make sure that there is no error inside.
For example: To request the "toolVeritasDBManager.exe" file to copy the database from I:\SMEX to J:\SMEX in the EVS named "WILXMAIL1", the correct usage is:C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Smex>toolVeritasDBManager.exe -M:3 -S:I:\SMEX -D:J:\SMEX -V:WILXMAIL1
Get default database host: WILXMAIL1
toolVeritasDBManager.exe executed successfully! Elapsed time: 2.172 seconds.