This article helps you configure the ServerProtect Information Server to prevent it from automatically deploying the latest scan engine to the Normal Servers.
By default, the Serverprotect Information Server is configured to automatically deploy scan engine updates to Normal Servers that are reporting to it. To change this setting, please do the following:
- Log on to the Serverprotect Management Console that is connected to the Information Server.
- In the server tree view, highlight either the parent domain where automatic deployment will be disabled. You can also select individual machines/sub-domains if you want to change the setting on invidual machines or domains.
- Click Existing Task and select only the Deploy task in the Task Window (left most).
- Click the Modify button and then tick the Modify task definition checkbox. Click OK.
- Click the Modify button and click Next until the "Step 2: Deploy" window appears.
- Deselect the Scan Engine checkbox and then click Next > Finish.