Migrate from InterScan Messaging Security Virtual Appliance (IMSVA) 7.0, InterScan Messaging Security Suite (IMSS) 7.1 Windows and Linux to IMSVA 8.0.
- Create a test environment to test IMSVA 8.0.
- Export the IMSS/IMSVA 7.0/7.1 configurations from the IMSS/IMSVA 7.0/7.1 server's admin web UI to a file, and then import it to the IMSVA 8.0 test server.
- Test IMSVA 8.0 and monitor it for at least one (1) week. Adjust the policies and other settings when necessary.
- Submit a case to Trend Micro Technical Support when you encounter any issue in the test environment.
- Perform a full machine back up of the original IMSS/IMSVA 7.0/7.1 server, or at least create a back up of the IMSS database using the Administration Guide.
- Schedule a downtime to move the new IMSVA 8.0 server into production environment.