The pre-configuration console provides a limited, character-based menu-driven interface to the key configuration parameters. It is accessed via the local VGA console on hardware-based systems, or via the VMware vSphere Client's console window for virtual systems.
Please do the following to manage the network protocol and status of the TDA device:
- Log on to the Virtual Machine installation. The default password is "admin".
Once logged in, you will see similar screen as below:
- Select Device Information and Status. The following screen appears.
- Go to the target fields to change the settings using the Tab key and then type over the existing value.
Administrators can update the following Management Port network settings:
- IP Address - the network address of the management port
- Subnet Mask - the subnet mask for the management network
- Default Gateway - the IP address of the internet gateway for the local network
- DNS Servers - the IP address of two reachable Domain Name Servers, typically on the local network
- Host Name - the local hostname of the TDA
Administrators can also register the TDA with Control Manager (TMCM) by switching the associated selector from no to yes, and by providing either the IP address or a resolvable hostname (FQDN) for the TMCM server.
If two-way conversation between the TDA and TMCM is needed, enable it by switching the associated selection from no to yes and then by providing the IP address and Port to use.