Note that Apex Central is the new name of Trend Micro Control Manager (TMCM).
Therefore, from Deep Discovery Inspector (DDI) version 5.5, the web page wordings related to Control Manager (TMCM) are revised to Apex Central, but previous versions will still use the Control Manager (TMCM).
Control Manager (TMCM) or Apex Central is a software management solution that simplifies the administration of your corporate antivirus and content security policies.
TMCM/Apex Central also play as vital part of Connected Threat Defense (CTD), which can synchronize suspicious objects with a number of Trend Micro products.
To integrate the DDI with TMCM or Apex Central, use this procedure or check the up-to-date Administration guide/s.
To configure communication between DDI and TMCM or Apex Central, please check the following steps:
- Log on to the DDI management console.
- From the main menu, go to Administration > Integrated Products/Services > TMCM/Apex Central.
- Under Connection Settings, specify the name that identifies DDI in the TMCM or Apex Central Product Directory.
Under TMCM Server Settings, do the following:
- Type the TMCM or Apex Central server FQDN or IP address.
- Enter the port used for the connection (default is 443).
- (Optional) If the TMCM or Apex Central web server requires authentication, enter a valid username and password combination in the fields provided.
- (Optional) If you use a NAT device, select Enable two-way communication port forwarding, and type the NAT device IP address and Port number.
- If you have configured proxy settings for DDI and want to use these settings for TMCM or Apex Central connections, select Connect through a proxy server.
(Optional) Under Suspicious Object Synchronization, do the following:
- Select Synchronize suspicious objects with TMCM or Apex Central.
- Type a TMCM or Apex Central API Key. To obtain the API key, do either of the following:
- For Apex Central: Login to Apex Central management console, and go to Threat Intel > Distribution Settings > Managed Products.
- For TMCM: Open the TMCM management console, and go to Administration > Suspicious Objects > Distribution Settings.
- Click Test Connection to validate the configuration. If the connection fails, make the necessary adjustments to the settings and then try again.
- Click Register to complete the TMCM or Apex Central registration process.