Incompatibility of Worry-Free Business Security (WFBS) with third-party applications may cause the application to hang.
The Tmproxy controls two services in WFBS, Web Reputation and URL Filtering.
To isolate the issue, disable the services:
- Log on to the WFBS console.
- Click Security Settings.
- Select the group of the computer where the third-party application is installed.
- Click Configure.
- Select Web Reputation and untick the Enable Web Reputation check box.
- Select URL Filtering and untick the Enable URL Filtering check box.
- Click Save.
- Verify if the issue is resolved. The third party application will probably use the HTTP protocol to perform some tasks.
- On the WFBS console, go to Preferences > Global Settings.
- Click the Desktop/Servers tab, and look for the Web Reputation and URL Filtering section.
- In the URLs to approve field, enter the URLs called by the third-party application and click Add.
If the issue still occurs:
- Go to the computer where the third-party application is installed.
- Open the Registry Editor.
Always create a backup before modifying the registry. Incorrect registry changes may cause serious issues. Should this occur, restore it by referring to the "Restoring the Registry" Help topic in Regedit.exe or the "Restoring a Registry Key" Help topic in Regedt32.exe.
- Go to the HKLM\SOFTWARE\TrendMicro\NSC\TmProxy\WhiteList registry hive.
- For each process called by the third-party application, create a key in the White list folder with the name of the process.
- Within the key, create a value containing the following details:
Type: String value
Value: <the name of the process including the .exe extension>
- Restart the Proxy service.
- On your desktop, click Start > Run.
- On the Open field, type "services.msc" and then click OK. The Services console pops up, listing all services that are installed on the computer.
- Right-click TMProxy Service, and then click Restart.