About 400MB worth of files and folders are sometimes created in the ..\PCCSRV\WSS\Pattern folder. These files can fill up your hard drive if your system has limited hard disk space available.
The temporary files TBL_XX.dat and VINFO_XX.dat are created in the ..\PCCSRV\WSS\Pattern folder in order to generate the Smart Scan pattern file in the server. When this process does not terminate correctly, the files are retained in the subfolders to be used for the next time the pattern file is generated.
To prevent temporary files from accumulating in the ..\PCCSRV\WSS\Pattern folder:
- Download and extract a VBS script. Use "trend" as the password.
- Create a rule to run this script regularly on the server. To do this, refer to the Microsoft article: Schedule a task.
- Use the WFBS Disk Cleaner Tool
- Remove unnecessary files.
- Stop the Trend Micro Security Server Master service.
- Go to ..\Program Files\Trend Micro\Security Server\PCCSRV\Web\Service\AU_Data
- Delete the content of the following folders but do not delete the folders themselves:
- Go to ..\Program Files\Trend Micro\Security Server\PCCSRV.
- Delete all the files starting with lpt$vpn.xxx (where xxx is the version number) and icrc$oth.xxx.
- Delete all files inside ..PCCSRV\wss\patterns except the keep.dat file.
- Open the keep.dat file using a text editor such as Notepad and delete all the entries inside the file.
- Restart the Trend Micro Security Server Master service.
- Perform a manual update again from the web console.
If you need technical assistance, you may contact Trend Micro Technical Support.