The "Invalid compressed file" error message appears in the OfficeScan console when performing a manual pattern update. The error appears after the download reaches 100% completion. Deleting the browser cache does not resolve the issue.
In addition, there is also an error in the OfficeScan Update log, tmudump.txt found in ..\pccsrv\Web\Service\AU_Data\AU_log:
The download file is damaged. The file size does not match the size specified by the server. Perform the update again. If the problem persists, contact your Trend Micro technical support provider.
The error appears when OfficeScan encounters an issue in downloading the pattern file. It indicates that the downloaded file size of the component is incorrect. If the file size does not match the actual component's real file size, then OfficeScan will fail to update.
To resolve this issue:
- Clear the OfficeScan cache ..\PCCSRV\WEB\Service\AU_Data\*.
- Remove all the contents of the ..\PCCSRV\Download\Pattern folder.
- Open a command prompt and perform DNS Flush using this command:
- Clear the IE browser cache by clicking Tools > Internet Options > Delete Files.
- Clear the Proxy cache, if applicable.
- Perform another update.
If the procedure above does not resolve the issue, collect and provide the following items to Trend Micro Technical Support:
- Contents of \PCCSRV\Web\Service\AU_Data\*
- tmudump.txt under\pccsrv\Web\Service\AU_Data\AU_Log
- Packet capture Log
- A screen capture/shot of the Update Error message