Enable and configure the scheduled scan settings on WFBS Agents when set to roaming mode or when they do not communicate with the internal WFBS server.
Roaming agents are computers that do not always maintain a constant network connection with the Security Server, such as portable computers. These agents' Security Agents (SAs) continue to provide virus/malware protection. However, there are delays in sending their status to the Security Server.
Unlike in WFBS 6.0, the newer versions of WFBS no longer have settings to enable Roaming Mode.
For the steps provided below to work, ensure that you meet the following conditions:
- User credentials must have "Administrative" access and/or registry modification rights.
- Security Agent (SA) Self-protection is not enabled.
- If SA Self-protection is enabled, you must know the unload password or else you cannot modify the registry.
To be able to configure schedule scans:
- Open the Registry Editor (regedit.exe).
Always back up the whole registry before making any modifications. Incorrect changes to the registry can cause serious system problems.
- Go to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TrendMicro\PC-cillinNTCorp\CurrentVersion\Prescheduled Scan Configuration registry hive.
- Change the value of the "AllowCfg" registry key from "0" to "1".
- On the client computer, open the WFBS Agent console.
- Click on the Scan tab, and then click Scan Settings.
You can now modify the scheduled scan as preferred.