When you install the OfficeScan server, the setup wizard creates a web page on the server that you can access to install the client. The browser-based installation option provides a preconfigured email message that you can send from the email program installed on the local machine where the management console is.
- Log on to the OfficeScan/Apex One management console to open the Initiate Browser-based Installation page.
- Go to Agents > Agent Installation > Browser-based.
- Type the subject line that you want to appear in your email message and then click Create Email.
A window from your default email application will appear. The subject line that you specified and the link to the installation page are already in the message window. The default URL for the client installation
- You can edit the message as needed, add recipients, and then click Send.
The URL for client installation is also provided on the logon page of the OfficeScan/Apex One management console. You can also go directly to the page by entering the URL from any client that meets the minimum system requirements. From the end-users' or administrators' perspective, here is how you can install the OfficeScan/Apex One client via web browser:
- You may do any of these: click the link sent via email; click the link on the log on page of the management console; and navigate directly to the client-install page using a browser.
- For OfficeScan/Apex One servers using SSL, the default URL for the client-install page is https://<servername_or_ipaddress:port>/officescan/console/html/ClientInstall. The default port number is 4343.
- For OfficeScan/Apex One servers that are not using SSL, use the http resource identifier instead of https. The correct port number is 8080 be default.
- Select to install the WinNTChk ActiveX control.
- Click Install Now to start installing the OfficeScan/Apex One client.
- Click Start.
- Click Next to install the OfficeScan/Apex One Agent.
Once installation is complete, the browser window will display a notice that the "Client installation is complete". When necessary, you will be prompted to reboot.
You can verify the installation by checking the client icon that appears in your system tray.
If the OfficeScan/Apex One client fails to install, use one of the different client installation methods.
If you encounter an upgrade issue, refer to the article Upgrade consideration for OfficeScan (OSCE) servers and clients/agents.