Listed here are the pre-uninstallation checklist as well as the step-by-step instructions needed to remove the OfficeScan server.
Before uninstalling the server, consider the following:
- Move the clients that the sever manages to an OfficeScan server with the same version. Consider creating a backup of the server database and configuration files if you plan to reinstall the server later.
- Back up the OfficeScan database and import the configuration files before uninstalling the OfficeScan server. Back up the OfficeScan server database to a location outside the OfficeScan program directory. You can refer to these KB articles:
Uninstall the OfficeScan server
Use the uninstallation program to uninstall the OfficeScan server and the integrated Smart Protection Server. Follow the steps in this KB article: Uninstalling the OfficeScan server.
If you encounter issues with the uninstallation program, you can manually uninstall the server by following the steps in this KB article: How to manually uninstall the OfficeScan 10/10.5 server.
For further technical assistance, you can contact Trend Micro Technical Support and provide the following:
- System Information
To collect the system information:
- Go to Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Information.
- Click File > Save. Save it in *.NFO format.
- Event Logs To collect the event logs:
- Click Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Event Viewer.
- Save a copy of the Application event logs and System event logs in *.EVT format.
- Screenshots of the errors that came up during uninstallation
- Process Monitor
Run the Process Monitor during OfficeScan uninstallation to see if there are other issues.