OfficeScan may encounter performance issues when used along with CA ArcServe 12.x.
You may continue experiencing this issue even after following the steps in this article: CA ARCserve Backup may stall the Real-time scan and cause the system to hang.
In addition, applications in the Citrix file server starts up very slow. When the Real-time scan is disabled on the file server, the program loads faster.
Adding scan and application exclusion does not improve the performance.
Do the following:
- Log on to the OfficeScan server management console.
Make sure that the affected client is connected to the server so that it can receive the configuration changes.
- Go to Networked Computers > Client Management.
(For OSCE 11.0 & XG, go to Agents > Agent Management.)
- Select or highlight the affected client(s) and then click Settings > Real-time Scan Settings > Target tab.
- Under the User Activity on Files section, set Scan file being: to created/modified.
- Click Save.
- To verify if the clients received the changes, check if the "ScanOutgoing" registry key is set to "0".
Always back up the whole registry before making any modifications. Incorrect changes to the registry can cause serious system problems.
Go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TrendMicro\PC-cillinNTCorp\CurrentVersion\Real Time Scan Configuration