Use the Image Cloning Deployment Tool for cleaning up and regenerating the Agent GUID for cloned OS image.
The tool can be used by resellers to easily deploy a cloned image (that includes the WFBS-SVC client) to multiple machines. It resets key values of the registry keys [AgentGuid] and [ClientRegistered].
After running this tool and restarting the OS, new clients will be able report to the server.
Below are the limitations:
- The tool cannot support Windows 2000.
- The tool cannot support Dell case clients.
To regenerate the Agent GUID:
- Before creating an image, download and extract the content of the Image Cloning Deployment Tool and run the batch file to clean up registries.
Extract the Image_Cloning_Deployment_Tool.
Extracting the .zip file will reveal the KeyCleanup.bat file that will clean up the registry entries.Before running the batch file, make sure to exit or unload the Security Agent first and ensure that all services are stopped.
After running the batch file, the following changes will happen under the registry path: HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\TrendMicro\PC-cillinNTCorp\CurrentVersion\HostedAgent\:
- "ClientRegistered" is changed from "1" to "0"
- "AgentGuid" is deleted
Before running the .bat file, "ClientRegistered" shows as "1":
For the process of KeyCleanup.bat it will show the following:
- Reboot the machine.
- After the machine reboots, the agent will regenerate the Agent GUID and report to the server (if the Internet is connected).