Use the Image Cloning Deployment Tool for cleaning up and regenerating the Agent GUID for cloned OS image.
The tool can be used by resellers to easily deploy a cloned image (that includes the WFBS-SVC client) to multiple machines. It resets key values of the registry keys [AgentGuid] and [ClientRegistered].
After running this tool and restarting the OS, new clients will be able report to the server.
- The tool cannot support Windows 2000.
- The tool cannot support Dell case clients
- Before creating an image, download and extract the content of the Image Cloning Deployment Tool and run the batch file to clean up registries.
Extract the "Image_Cloning_Deployment_Tool".
Extracting the zip file will reveal the "KeyCleanup.bat" that will clean up the registry entries.
After running the batch file, the following changes will happen under the registry path: HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\TrendMicro\PC-cillinNTCorp\CurrentVersion\HostedAgent\:
- "ClientRegistered" is changed from "1" to "0"
- "AgentGuid" is deleted
Before running the .bat file, "ClientRegistered" shows as "1":
For the process of KeyCleanup.bat it will show the following:
- Reboot the machine.
- After the machine reboots, the agent will regenerate the Agent GUID and report to the server (if the Internet is connected).