Learn how you can install TMSM client.
The process of installing TMSM client on a single computer is similar to the installation process for other Macintosh software. During the installation, you may be prompted to allow connections to icorepluginMgr, which is used to register the client to the server. Allow this connection when prompted.
Do the following:
- Get the client installation package (tmsminstall.zip) from the TMSM server by doing any of the following:
- Log on to the OSCE Plug-in Manager TMSM web console, go to Agents > Agent Setup Files and click the link under Client Installation File. The same page contains the link for Client Uninstallation File, which can be used to remove the client program from a Macintosh computer.
- Go to <Server installation folder>\TMSM_HTML\ActiveUpdate\ClientInstall and look for the tmsminstall.zip file.
- Double click tmsminstall.zip to extract the folder content.
- In the extracted folder, launch the tmsminstall.mpkg file.
- When the installation notification appears, click Continue.
- On the Introduction screen, click Continue to proceed.
- Read the reminders and click Continue.
- On the Installation Type screen, click Install.
- Enter your Name and Password to begin the installation process.
- Once the installation is completed, click Close.
The client automatically registers to the server where the client installation package was obtained. The client also updates for the first time.
- After the installation, check the following items to make sure that Trend Micro Security for Mac is properly installed:
- The Trend Micro Security client icon shows on the menu bar of the Macintosh computer.
- The Trend Micro Security client files are found under the client installation folder.
- The client appears on the web console's client tree. To access the client tree, click Client Management on the main menu.
- Run an initial update and scan by clicking Update Now and Scan Now. This step is recommended to begin protecting your computer.
If the client cannot connect to the server, it downloads directly from the Trend Micro ActiveUpdate (AU) server. Internet connection is required to connect to the ActiveUpdate server. Also, you need to run a manual update if it cannot connect to the server. This allows TMSM to get all the latest updates.
The process of installing TMSM client on several computers can be simplified using Apple Remote Desktop.
Do the following:
- Check for and uninstall any security software on the Macintosh computers.
- Get the client installation package (tmsminstall.mpkg.zip) from the TMSM server by doing any of the following:
- Log on to the OSCE Plug-in Manager TMSM web console, go to Agents > Agent Setup Files and click the link under Client Installation File. The same page contains the link to the Client Uninstallation File, which can be used to remove the client program from a Macintosh computer.
- Go to <Server installation folder>\TMSM_HTML\ActiveUpdate\ClientInstall and look for the file tmsminstall.mpkg.zip.
- Copy and then launch the package on the Macintosh computer with Apple Remote Desktop. Launching the package unarchives the tmsminstall.mpkg file. The files on the package may become corrupted if users launch the package using archiving tools that is not built-in on the Mac. Instruct users to launch the package using built-in archiving tools, such as Archive Utility.
- Open the Apple Remote Desktop on the Macintosh computer.
- Select the computers where you want to install the TMSM client and then click Install.
- On the Install Package screen, drag the installation package or click plus sign (+) to locate the installation package.
- Click Save to automatically run the installation task on the new Macintosh computers that connect to the network. This is optional.
- Click Install. The Apple Remote Desktop will start installing the client to the selected computers. The message "Install Packages: Succeeded on all" appears after a successful installation. The clients will automatically register to the server from which the installation package was obtained. The clients will also update for the first time.