Know if the "automatically stop scheduled scan" option is turned on to limit the number of minutes/hours of a scheduled scan in OfficeScan (OSCE).
To do the verification of the "automatically stop scheduled scan" option on the server:
- Open the OfficeScan server management console.
- For OfficeScan 11.0, go to Agents > Global Agent Settings.
For OfficeScan 10.6 and below, go to Networked Computers > Global Client Settings.
- Under Scheduled Scan Settings, select Automatically stop Scheduled Scan when scanning last more than and then specify the number of hours/minutes.
- Click Save.
On the client side:
- Open the client Registry Editor.
Always back up the whole registry before making any modifications. Incorrect changes to the registry can cause serious system problems.
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TrendMicro\PC-cillinNTCorp\CurrentVersion\Misc and look for these values:
Value data: 1 (if checked/enabled in the OfficeScan server console)
Value data: the Scheduled Scan Limit in minutes (value should be set in minutes)