Configure an Update Agent, specifically on remote sites to save bandwidth in WFBS.
To configure an Update Agent:
- Log on to the Security Server console.
- Click Start > All Programs Trend Micro Worry-Free Business Security Standard/Advanced > Worry-Free Business Security.
- Enter your password.
- Click Login.
- Go to Updates > Source > Update Agents.
- Click Add.
- On the communication port input box, add the communication port for Update Agents. The default port is the Security Agent's communication port + 1.
Do not confuse the Security Agent's port with the Update Agent port.
- The Security Agent port is used for communication between the Security Agent and the WFBS sever.
- The Update Agent port is used for communication between the Update Agent and other (non-Update Agent) clients.
- From the Select Security Agents list box, select one or more Security Agents to act as Update Agents.
- Click Save.
If you want to remove an Update Agent, select the check box corresponding to the Computer Name and click Remove.
Unless specified in the Alternative Update Source section, all Update Agents receive their updates from the Trend Micro Security Server. You may also configure the clients to update from the Update Agent.