Trend Micro System Cleaner (SysClean) package is a standalone tool that incorporates the Trend Micro VSAPI Malware and Trend Micro Damage Cleanup Engine and Template. This tool has the following features:
- Terminates all detected malware instances in the system memory.
- Removes malware registry entries.
- Removes malware entries from system files.
- Scans for and deletes all detected malware copies in all local drives.
Do the following:
- Download the SysClean package.
- Create a temporary folder and extract the SYSCLEAN.ZIP into this folder.
This temporary folder should be created on a local or mapped drive.
- Download the latest malware Enterprise - CPR (lpt$vpn.XXX) pattern files.
For file infectors, you may need to restart system in Safe Mode or as advised. For the instructions on how to do this, check this Microsoft article: How to start the computer in Safe Mode.
- Run the executable file SYSCLEAN.COM by either:
- Double-clicking the tool in Windows Explorer.
- Executing it via command prompt.
- Restart the system in Normal Mode.
- Enable any antivirus software that is installed in the system and perform a manual scan.
The following logs generated in its current folder can be used to check the modification performed by this tool: