Find answers to your questions about activation codes (AC), licenses, bundles, downloads, and upgrading to other versions of Worry-Free Business Security (WFBS).
- What is the new name of the Client/Server products?
Client Server Security for SMB (CS) is now Worry-Free Business Security (WFBS) Standard.
Client Server Messaging Security for SMB (CSM) is now Worry-Free Business Security (WFBS) Advanced.
- How can I upgrade from the trial version to the full version of WFBS Advanced?
You can upgrade from a trial version to a full version by using the WFBS Advanced console. When you purchase a license to the full version, you will be given a Registration Key or an Activation Code. For more information on upgrading to the full version, refer to this article: Upgrading your trial version to a full version of Worry-Free Business Security (WFBS).
- Which CS / CSM / WFBS versions support upgrade to version 7.0?
WFBS Standard / Advanced 7.0 supports upgrades from WFBS 5.0, 5.1 and 6.0. For more information on the supported upgrade paths, refer to the following solution: Products you can upgrade to Worry-Free Business Security (WFBS) 7.0 Which products can you upgrade to WFBS 7.0?.
- Where can I get information on how to upgrade my CS / CSM 3.x or WFBS?
Refer to the following solutions:
- Upgrading your evaluation or trial version to a full version of Worry-Free Business Security (WFBS)
- Upgrading lower versions of Worry-Free Business Security (WFBS) to version 7.0
- Upgrading lower versions of Worry-Free Business Security (WFBS) to WFBS 8.0
- Upgrading to Worry-Free Business Security (WFBS) 9.0 Service Pack 3
- Is there an upgrade cost when I upgrade my current CSM/WFBS 5.0/5.1/6.0 to version 7.0?
No, there is none. As long as you are currently under maintenance, you will receive a free upgrade to the new version.
- Are all of the settings / configuration parameters preserved when migrating from CS / CSM 3.6 to WFBS Standard / Advanced 6.0, or from WFBS 6.0 to version 7.0?
Yes. If administrators would like to backup important files and/or configuration, refer to this article: Files to back up before upgrading Worry-Free Business Security (WFBS)
- I am a customer of WFBS 5.0/6.0 bundled with Hosted email Service (HES) and I want to upgrade to WFBS 7.0 Advanced. Can I still use the HES?
Yes. WFBS Advanced 7.0 is still bundled with HES.
- Can I use HES together with Email Reputation Services (ERS) Hosted / standalone?
No. If you wish to use HES, you need to disable your ERS configuration and redirect your MX to our HES servers.
- Am I required to activate HES - Inbound Filtering?
No. You can choose not to if you already have a hosted service or if you do not want to use HES - Inbound Filtering or ERS. WFBS Advanced is bundled with free HES - Inbound Filtering.
- Can I upgrade my CSM 3.x to WFBS Advanced and get a free HES - Inbound Filtering account activation?
- Can I still use my existing CS / CSM 3.0 / 3.5 / 3.6 or WFBS 5.0 / 5.1 / 6.0 Activation Code for version 7.0?
Yes. You can still use your existing CS / CSM / WFBS activation code for version 7.0. However, CS/CSM does not support upgrade to WFBS Standard/Advanced 7.0. If you uninstall CS/CSM, you can install WFBS Standard/Advanced using the AC from CS/CSM.
- Does the WFBS 7.0 Activation Code work on versions 3.6 and 5.0 / 5.1 / 6.0?
Yes. The WFBS 7.0 Activation Code works on versions 3.6 and 5.0 / 5.1 / 6.0.
- Will WFBS Advanced require a separate license for ERS?
No. For more information, refer to the solution: New features and enhancements in WFBS 7.0.
- I am upgrading from CSM 3.6 to WFBS Advanced. How do I get the additional AC for HES / HES - Inbound Filtering?
You need to contact Customer Service to request for the Registration Key (RK) so you can register the HES / HES - Inbound Filtering account. After you register your HES / HES - Inbound Filtering RK, you will receive an email with instructions on how to access the console and redirect MX records.
- Will the AC for NeatSuite SMB (CSM 3.6 + InterScan VirusWall 6.0) work with WFBS Advanced 7.0?
Yes. You can use the CSM 3.6 AC with WFBS Advanced 7.0.InterScan VirusWall (ISVW) 6.0 is not included in WFBS Advanced product.
- I am customer from Europe/Middle East/Africa (EMEA). What will happen to my existing HES - Inbound Filtering if I renew my license?
WFBS Advanced renewals from EMEA will receive an upgrade to HES.
- I am an existing customer from EMEA and I am using HES - Inbound Filtering. Am I entitled to the free upgrade to HES?
No. All existing customers who are still within maintenance period will NOT be eligible for the free upgrade from HES - Inbound Filtering to HES until renewal time.
- I am a customer from North America (NABU). What will happen to my existing HES - Inbound Filtering if I renew my license?
The HES - Inbound Filtering account of customers who will renew WFBS Advanced will also be renewed.
- What is bundled with a new purchase of WFBS Advanced 7.0 from the EMEA region?
New WFBS Advanced 7.0 purchases from EMEA will include HES and Trend Micro Security for Mac (TMSM).
- What is bundled with a new purchase of WFBS Advanced 7.0 from the NABU region?
New WFBS Advanced 7.0 purchases from NABU will include HES - Inbound Filtering and Trend Micro Security for Mac (TMSM).