The following error message appears when trying to log on to the OfficeScan management console:
HTTP Error 503.2 - Service Unavailable
The serverRuntime@appConcurrentRequestLimit setting is being exceeded.
After attempting to reboot the server, the OfficeScan Master service will not start. If you log on to the OfficeScan management console, it shows the following error message:
OfficeScan Master Service was stopped. Start service and try again.
To resolve the issue, check the ofcserver.ini file under the \PCCSRV\Private folder. If the file size is much smaller than 40KB (e.g. just around 1KB), please follow the steps provided in the following article: Recovering a server from a corrupt ofcserver.ini file in OfficeScan (OSCE) to recover the file.
If the issue persists, do the following:
- Restore the database to the previous version.
- Create a backup of ..\Program Files\Trend Micro\Officescan\PCCSRV\HTTPDB.
- Delete the contents of ..\Program Files\Trend Micro\Officescan\PCCSRV\HTTPDB.
- Look for a previous back up from a day/time when the issue is not occurring. The backup files are kept under ..\Program Files\Trend Micro\OfficeScan\DBBackup.
- Copy the files under ..\Program Files\Trend Micro\OfficeScan\DBBackup\XXXXXX to ..\Program Files\Trend Micro\Officescan\PCCSRV\HTTPDB.
- Restart the OfficeScan Master Service.
- Set the queue Length in Application Pools (advanced setting) from 1k to 3k.
- Restart the WWW Publishing Service.
To prevent the issue from happening again, apply Hot Fix Build 4926. This will resolve the issue by ensuring that the OfficeScan server handles the INI properly.
To get the copy of Hot Fix Build 4926, Please contact Trend Micro Technical Support.