The servers running TMSM 1.5.30 do not let an administrator perform an update. The Program Upgrade is grayed out making users unable to update to the latest version and build release.
This issue may occur if the XML file listed in Step 6 below does not exist. Restarting the OfficeScan Plug-in Manger service usually resolves this.
Do the following:
- Open the Registry Editor.
Always back up the whole registry before making any modifications. Incorrect changes to the registry can cause serious system problems.
- Go to HKLM\Software\TrendMicro\OfficeScan\service\AOS\
- Edit the value of the following string:
- Close the Registry Editor.
- Using Windows Explorer, go to ..\Program Files\Trend Micro\OfficeScan\PCCSRV.
- Rename the file OSCE_AOS_COMP_LIST.xml to OSCE_AOS_COMP_LIST.xml.bak.
If the OSCE_AOS_COMP_LIST.xml file does not exist in the directory, proceed to Step 7 to restart the service. This will re-download the XML file.
- Restart the OfficeScan Plug-in Manager service.
- Log on to the OfficeScan management console and go to Plug-in Manager to see if the available version of TMSM is now 1.5.5028.