The following error message appears when accessing the Administration part of the OfficeScan management console:
HTTP Error 502.2 - Bad Gateway
This issue happens when the MSXML components get corrupted.
To resolve this issue:
- Uninstall the OfficeScan server.
- Using Add/Remove Program, uninstall MSXML 4.0 SP2 Parser and SDK.
- Reinstall the OfficeScan server.
If the above steps did not resolve the issue, check the permission of the PCCSRV/TEMP directory:
- On the host machine where OfficeScan is installed, launch the Windows Explorer.
- Go to the C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\OfficeScan\PCCSRV\TEMP directory.
- Right-click the TEMP folder and then go to Properties > Security tab > IUSR_Computer Account.
- Grant Read and Write Permissions and then click OK.
- Restart the Microsoft IIS Service by doing either of these options:
- Go to the Windows Services applet and restart the WWW Publishing Service.
- Open a command prompt and enter the "IISRESET" command.
If the issue persists, collect the Microsoft IIS logs and send them to Trend Micro Technical Support for further analysis.