There are a lot of entries in the OfficeScan client pertaining to the URL: oscex-en.url.trendmicro.com.
This is actually a feature where:
- If a specific URL is accessed directly or indirectly by an end user, it will be checked by the Trend Micro Web Filter databases (in the Trend Micro rating server) to check if this is malicious or not.
- If the URL is malicious, the access will be blocked.
Therefore, it is normal to have numerous traffic on your network, especially when there are a lot of users accessing the Internet via their web browsers.
Under normal circumstances, Trend Micro recommends that this setting be preserved to ensure that the websites being accessed are checked.
If you want to turn off this feature, then do the following:
- Log on to the OfficeScan management console.
- Do the following:
- For version 11.0/XG: Go to Agents > Agent Management.
- For other versions: Go to Networked Computers > Client Management.
- Select the computer/group/domain where you want to apply the settings.
- Click Settings > Web Reputation Service.
- Disable the service in internal and external and click Save or Apply to all clients.