Get answers to the most frequently asked questions about WFBS 7.0 Repack 1435.
Below are the FAQs:
- What is new in WFBS 7.0 Repack 1435?
There are several enhancements in build 1435. For more details, refer to this KB article: Enhancements in WFBS 7.0 EN GM Repack 1435.
- Compared to Critical Patch 1417, does this release contain many new improvements?
Yes. This release includes new platform support and improvements on WFBS installation, update and performance. Some fixes for issues related to stability, system crash, and competitor switch are also included in this release. For more details, refer to this KB article: Enhancements in WFBS 7.0 EN GM Repack 1435.
- Who needs to install this repack?
Users of the following versions need to install this repack:
- WFBS 5.0, 5.1
- WFBS 6.0
- WFBS 6.0 SP1, SP2, SP3
- What are the supported upgrade paths for this repack?
WFBS 5.0/5.1, WFBS 6.0, and WFBS 6.0 SP1/SP2/SP3 can be upgraded to this repack.Upgrade from WFBS 7.0 GM and WFBS 7.0 B1371 are also supported, but not recommended. Please see the next two FAQs for more details.
- Do you need to install this repack if you are using WFBS 7.0 with or without Critical Patch?
No, it is not recommended. We recommend you instead to use the Critical Patch that will be available soon.
- What will happen if you install this in an existing WFBS 7.0 build?
If you happen to install this on an existing WFBS 7.0 build, the new release will act as a build upgrade and will migrate all your product settings. After the upgrade process, a restart notification will appear on the Security Agent system tray icon on the server side.