After installing IWSVA, the clients are no longer able to listen to web radio, view video clips, or use streamed media. Certain download managers may no longer work correctly.
This issue happens because IWSVA is configured to scan streaming media files, which interferes with the streamed arrival of data to the client machine.
To resolve this issue, configure IWSVA to skip scanning for certain MIME content types:
- Log in to the IWSVA console.
- Go to HTTP > HTTP Scan > Policies and then select the policy that you want to change in the list.
- Go to the Virus Scan Rule tab.
- In the MIME content-type to skip field, type the MIME type(s) that you do not want IWSVA to scan.
Separate multiple values with a space. Enter the MIME type followed by a "/" slash to include all subtypes in the class.
Example: image/ audio/ video/
- Enter the MIME type followed by a subtype to specify only that subtype.
Example: application/pdf application/x-director