You have successfully installed OSCE Patch or Service Pack in the OSCE server, but it does not automatically deploy to the clients.
You have already performed the following but the problem still persists:
- Disable The Clients can update components but not upgrade the client program or deploy hot fixes option in the OSCE management console.
- Restart client computer.
- Run a Manual update from the OSCE server.
- Run Update Now through the client icon in the system tray.
You check the Web Server log and it shows the following lines:
2011-03-18 17:49:53 18.104.22.168 GET /officescan/hotfix_admin/TmUn - 8080 - 192.168.5.143 62691CB3BF62DAF233FB2C02782E7BD2 404 3 50 0 2011-03-18 17:49:53 22.214.171.124 GET /officescan/hotfix_admin/TmUn - 8080 - 192.168.5.143 62691CB3BF62DAF233FB2C02782E7BD2 404 3 50 0
This issue happens because of the Mime Type Restriction.
To resolve the issue, add a new MIME Type:
- Open the Internet Information Services (IIS) manager.
- Expand the server hostname and click Sites.
- Select the apropriate site:
- Click OfficeScan if the product is installed in IIS Virtual Website.
- Click Default Web Site if the product is installed in IIS Default Website.
- In Feature View, double-click MIME Types.
- Add a new MIME Type with the following properties:
- File name extension: "."
- MIME type: "application/octet-stream"
- Verify the automatic deployment after a few minutes. OfficeScan clients should now be able to upgrade.