The following error message appears when clicking Update License in SMEX:
Socket Connection Fail
This message is encountered when the Mail Server uses a proxy server to connect to the Internet.
To resolve this issue:
- Log in to the SMEX management console.
- Go to Administration > Proxy.
- Tick the Use a proxy server for Web Reputation, updates, and product license notifications checkbox.
- Provide the necessary information, such as Server Name or IP Address Port User ID and Password (if necessary).
- Click Save.
- Go to Administration > Product License and then click Update License.