Team folders are a shared folder in SafeSync for Business that allows you to share, edit or view the files within the team folders (also known as teamspaces). You can act either as an Owner, Editor or Viewer for shared files.
To configure your SafeSync for Business team folder:
This option is only applicable if your account is set to Owner.
On the Owner’s computer/account, follow the steps below:
- Access the SafeSync console.
- Sign in using the Owner’s account.
- Click Team Folders.
- Click Create a team folder.
A team folder creation console appears.
- Type a name for this folder.
Example: “TeamFolder1”A window to set your account’s access level will appear.
- Select any of the following:
- No Access
- Click Save Changes.
To upload a file:
- Click Upload Files.
- Click Add file on the next window.
For sharing the uploaded file:
- Browse for the file, then click Start Upload.
- Click Decide who to join, then click Add User.
- Type the email addresses of the people you want to join.
- Click Submit.
You can only change the roles of a member if your account is set to Owner.
On the Owner’s computer, sign in to your SafeSync account.
- Go to the Team folders on the left pane.
- Right-click TeamFolder1 on the middle pane, then click Edit this Folder members.
- Select the member’s access level from the dropdown list.
- Click Save changes.
The sub-user can activate their account using the email notification from SafeSync for Business with the following subject:
You’re invited to a Trend Micro SafeSync for Business Shared Folder
- On the sub-user’s computer, go to your email account, then sign in.
- Look for the email with the following subject:
Start Sharing a Folder with Us
- Click Click here to get started.
- Look for Sign in in the upper-right corner of the window.
You will now have access to the team folder.
If the sub user’s access level is set to “Owner”, you may refer to instructions above on how to change the roles for the Team Folder