When you try to install the PolicyServer on Windows 2008 Server, the following error message appears:
IIS is not installed.
To address the issue:
- Make sure that the Internet Information Server (IIS) is running on Windows Services.
- Check the version of the IIS being used. If it is version 7.0 or 7.5, you need to install the IIS 6.0 Management Compatibility Components on the Windows Server by using the Server Manager tool. IIS 7.0 and 7.5 are incompatible with the PolicyServer installation.
To install the IIS 6.0 Management Compatibility Components:
- Click Start, and then go to Administrative Tool > Server Management > Roles.
- Right-click Web Server (IIS), and then click Add Role Services.
- On the Select Role Services pane, navigate to IIS 6 Management Compatibility.
- Tick the IIS 6 Metabase Compatibility and IIS 6 Management Console check boxes.
- Click Next, and then click Install.
- Click Close to exit the Add Role Services wizard.