- Go to disk management, right-click the C: drive and select Mark Partition as Active.
- Reboot the machine. You should receive "BootMGR is missing".
- Insert a Vista install CD and select the Recovery Option.
- Do an auto-repair when prompted.
- Select Advanced Recovery.
- Enter the following commands:
- Reboot the machine. You should now be able to boot into Vista without any issue. For more details in using Bootrec.exe in Vista, refer to the Microsoft article Use the Bootrec.exe tool in the Windows Recovery Environment to troubleshoot and repair startup issues in Windows.
Need More Help?
Create a technical support case if you need further support.
"Unable to verify the user name/password provided…" appears when installing the device in Endpoint Encryption
Thank you for your feedback!