The issue occurs because the default IUSR account does not have sufficient privileges to access the MSA website.
To resolve the issue:
- Open the Internet Information Services (IIS) 7 Manager.
- Right-click the SMEX website, and then select Edit Permissions.
- Click the Security tab, and then click Edit.
- Click Add.
- Click Locations, select the local computer, and then click OK.
- Type "IIS_IUSRS" in the box, and then click Check Names.
- Once the user name has been validated, click OK.
- Make sure the newly added group has the following privileges:
- Read & execute
- List folder contents
- Click OK.
- Open the WFBS console and try to configure the MSA again.
If the issue still occurs:
- Collect the Case Diagnostic Tool (CDT) log generated on the client computer. For instructions on how to get the CDT logs, refer to this solution: How to use the CDT to collect all the information needed by Trend Micro Technical Support.
- Contact Trend Micro Technical Support.