Learn the steps on how to renew and/or update your SMEX product license and activation code.
When SMEX is installed in an Exchange Server, it comes with a one year product subscription that allows you to download the latest pattern files, Scan Engines, antispam database, and antispam engines.
To ensure that the SMEX product continues to download the latest update components, Trend Micro recommends having the license renewed and updated.
- Launch the SMEX management console using any of these options:
- For a local server, you can go to the Windows Start menu.
- To view the console from a remote server, use a supported browser to access:
Where "servername" is the name of the server where you installed ScanMail and "port number" is the port number you use to access the computer.
Enter the username and password to log on to the console.
- Go to Administration > Product License.
- If the license is renewed, then the same Activation Code will have an extended subscription. To update the license, click the Update License button.
- If you have been provided with a new Activation Code, click New Activation Code button and proceed to enter the new AC.