- It prevents increased intranet traffic during upgrade deployment.
However, WFBS 7.0 will perform the build upgrade via TrendMicro ActiveUpdate, so intranet traffic would be relatively small.Below is a rough bandwidth comparison between WFBS 7.0 and the lower versions:
This lower intranet traffic for WFBS 7.0 eliminates the need for the "Delay Upgrade" option.
- Intranet traffic for major versions upgrade [WFBS 5.x/6.x] = ~95MB
- Intranet traffic for 7.0 build upgrade [WFBS 7.0 GM/Repacks] = ~35MB
- It reduces interference for customers who perform critical tasks during the server upgrade.
Since a major version upgrade performs several operations due to client program architecture change, the Delay Upgrade was designed to mitigate the resource consumption when the upgrade is to be deployed.WFBS 7.0 has a lower resource consumption compared to the lower versions, so the "Delay Upgrade" option is no longer necessary.
Need More Help?
Create a technical support case if you need further support.
No "Delay Upgrade" option when doing a build upgrade from Worry-Free Business Security (WFBS) 7.0 to 7.0 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
- Worry-Free Business Security Standard/Advanced 7.0
- Windows 2003 Enterprise
- Windows 2003 Small Business Server
- Windows 2003 Standard
- Windows 2008 Enterprise
- Windows 2008 Essential Business Server
- Windows 2008 Small Business Server
- Windows 2008 Standard
- Windows 2011 Small Business Server Essentials
- Windows 2011 Small Business Server Standard
- Windows 7 32-bit
- Windows 7 64-bit
- Windows Vista 32-bit
- Windows Vista 64-bit
- Windows XP Home
- Windows XP Professional
Thank you for your feedback!